Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Gelanggang

Last Chinese New Year holiday, I had a chance to visit my master’s weekly class at his home. There are many new faces that I could not recognise, perhaps they rarely go to the gelanggang or maybe I am the one who should be blamed because I have never shown my face there. Some of the faces I barely recognise. A few others I know because they are my teachers as they have learned silat long before me.
Ayah Su (Cikgu Nasir) in green Baju Melayu is watching his apprentices.

Despite all that, one thing that I am pretty sure about them, based on my short observation during the training session. They are all really good. At least better than me. I am happy for them because they are the chosen ones who are given the permission to explore their forgotten inheritance on their own will.

May God grant us with the strength of istiqamah at all the times.

Faiz Lazim



No comments:

Post a Comment